Safety and the environment are given very high priority in all our areas of operation
- Safety and the environment are given very high priority in all our areas of operation
- Only eight (25%) out of a total of 32 service providers utilized in 2004 are foreign companies
- Over 40% of the total expenditure is denominated in naira
- Five projects 75-90% completed in Bayelsa State in 2004 alone at a total cost of N191million
- Two projects 50% completed in Ondo State in 2004 alone at a total cost of N75million
Conoil Community Relations
Conoil maintains a strong focus on corporate social responsibility and recognizes general industry practice in her efforts by extending and sustaining exemplary public relations gestures to host communities.
Conoil as a responsible corporate citizen maintains a cordial relationship with host communities to ensure uninterrupted oil exploration and production operations.
Conoil holds regular quarterly meetings with each host community as a means of identifying their desires, aspirations and expectations.
Quarterly meetings are utilized to negotiate and implement Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) with each community.
The respective MoUs capture the mutual agreements between Conoil and her host communities and have a life span of two years.
Relationship with Government Organizations
Conoil ensures that its Community Relations activities are not in violation of statutory laws of Nigeria
it maintains a cordial relationship with state governments, government departments and local government.
Conoil maintains a good relationship with the Ministry of Environment in Bayelsa State. This office Acts as a mediator in the resolution of community related issues.
Plays a major role during negotiations and implementation of any MoU
Note: The Olugbo of Ugbo (paramount ruler of the Ilaje Kingdom in Ondo State) plays a similar role for OML 103
Conoil has established a liaison office in Yenagoa (Bayelsa State) and is about to establish another in Ondo State to facilitate interactions with state governments and host communities.